INSIDE GRAND HYATT DFW: skySPA & FITNESS CENTER
A closer look at the day-to-day operations of the Grand Hyatt DFW hotel.
The Grand Hyatt DFW is a AAA 4-Diamond hotel that just happens to be integrated into an airport terminal. This is not your typical airport property. Evident from the moment you enter the lobby, the Grand Hyatt DFW provides an escape from the stress and exhaustion of travel.
Today I thought I’d give you a closer look at one of the Grand Hyatt DFW's more relaxation inducing outlets - skySPA. Aptly named because of its location on the 9th floor of the hotel, skySPA is part of the rooftop fitness center.
skySPA offers massages, body wraps, and facials. 80% of our spa patrons requests massage services. Our most popular massage treatment is the Deep Tissue Massage. Available in 50 and 80 minute sessions, this relaxation massage incorporates firmer pressure and precise massage techniques to allow tight, overstressed muscles to relax.
1. OUR STAFF: We have 2 treatment rooms and services are by appointment only. We have an expertly trained and certified on-call staff consisting of 2 estheticians and 5 massage therapists. We accept appointments 7-days a week, and we are not limited to regular business hours. For example, if you have a late arrival and want to have a spa treatment before retiring to your room, we can accommodate.
2. THE PROCESS: When a guest arrives to the spa for his or her appointment, the therapist does a short consultation to confirm the requested treatment. The guest is then escorted to the appropriate locker room, where he or she can change into a robe and slippers. Standard for every massage treatment session is the use of a heated treatment table, warm neck and eye wrap, cleansing foot scrub, aroma therapy, and hot towels. Lotion, massage oil, or a combination of the two, is used during the massage treatment. The brand we use is SoothingTouch®, and it is hypo-allergenic and scent free.
After the treatment, the guest is free to use the fitness center amenities that include showers, steam rooms, outdoor saline pool and fitness equipment, featuring: weight machines, free weights, balance balls, yoga mats and brand new Lifecycle® treadmills & stationary bikes (equipped with TVs and i-Pod® adapters that will play and charge your device at the same time).
3. PURE DECADENCE: No guilt allowed; you deserve to be pampered every once and a while! As mentioned above, our most popular services are the massage treatments. But the truth of the matter is, the body treatments are the real superstars! If I could incorporate “smell-o-vision” into this post, I wouldn’t have to type any further.
Photo credit: Keyano.com
Cranberry, Mango, Coconut Lime, Chocolate . . . I’m talking about the most heavenly, fresh scents you can imagine (the chocolate products, one of our most popular, literally smell like dessert). These scented products, by Keyano Aromatics©, are artfully incorporated into decadent full body treatments that go something like this: starts with a scented scrub applied over your entire body; then the scrub is hot-toweled off, followed by the application of a scented body mask; while the benefits of the mask penetrate, a head and foot massage is performed; next is a visit to the locker room to rinse off the mask; the guest emerges with a fresh robe and slippers to return to the treatment room for the massage application of the scented butter cream. Sounds heavenly, right? And don’t worry, we won’t send you home to just day-dream about these treatments, we also sell the scented scrubs and body butter creams for an at home indulgence.
4. DON’T FORGET THE FACE: Traveling can be tiresome! Let our certified estheticians pamper you with one of our skin care treatments. Incorporating the G.M. Collins skin care line (also available for purchase), our facials are geared toward rejuvenation and results. One of our most popular facials is the Sea C Spa Treatment that includes a precisely measured dose of pure vitamin C. With a wonderfully invigorating citrus scent and skin renewal properties, you cannot go wrong with this facial. We didn't forget about the men - êShave© products are available for purchase in the spa lobby area.
5. NOT A GUEST? DAY PASSES AVAILABLE: For $30 (plus tax), a traveler has complete access to all of the fitness center's amenities.This offering is especially popular with international business travelers. Before a long flight, you can get in a work out, swim or relax in the steam room. Day passes can be purchased seven-days-a-week at our front desk or with our concierge; passes are valid between the hours of 9 AM - 5 PM only. Call 972-973-1260 for more information. And don’t worry if you left your work-out clothes at home; you can purchase a shirt and shorts for $12 each.
Ready to make an appointment? Call our concierge at 972-973-1234, ext. 51 to schedule your treatment!